Old November 19th, 2006, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bill[_3_]

Default America West Airlines, US Airways or United Airlines?

wrote:
Hi All

Wanting to fly one way from SFO to LAS in January. Have done a few searches
(Expedia, Orbitz, etc) and the prices are very similar (if not the same)
between America West Airlines, US Airways and United Airlines. Which is the
better airline out of the three to fly with? Do any include meals or do you
have to pay on each airline? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

America West bought US Airways and merged as US Airways several months
ago ... of the choices you mentioned I'd pick United since it seems
more US Air flights get canceled on the routes we fly (we have FF
accounts with both United and US Air) but as others point out it's not
*that* big a difference, especially for a single short flight.

Certainly nothing like the diff between say Quantas and Ansett (which I
flew four times in Oz between Cairns and Sydney and three times it was
really really bad

Bill