Old January 15th, 2007, 02:32 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
James Standen

Default Moving to Australia

And the Zoo. And the yaught scene (Syndey-Hobart race as well). And
those fun ferries. I lived
in Sydney for 2 years over several trips, and loved it.

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Peter Webb wrote:

"Nick Fisher" wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, the decision is made (at least in principle): we are emigrating
from the UK to Australia.

We're pretty sure that either Sydney or Melbourne is going to be the
right choice for us, but although I've spend a bit of time in the
former, I don't know Melbourne at all.

If you have never been there, why are you considering Melbourne at all?

If you took away Sydney's harbour, its beaches, its interesting topography,
its climate, the Harbour bridge and Opera House, and 30% of its business
opportunity you know what you would have? Melbourne.

I know both cities well, and I can't imagine why anybody would pick
Melbourne.

Unless you have a job that really requires you to be in a big city,
Melbourne would be well down on my list.