Old September 18th, 2004, 10:12 AM
lesshaste

Ooops... typo

It should read "I have a digital camera but can not afford..."

Raphael

lesshaste wrote:
HI,

Perhaps I should explain

I have a disposable camera but can not afford most of the suggestions
made in this group (Image Tank etc.). So, I will take disposable film
too and hope to get it developed to CD so I can upload at least some of
its pics to photobox.co.uk. Thanks for the help in any case.

Cheers,
Raphael

Scott Elliot wrote:

I thought you had a digital camera. If you know it works and gives
acceptable quality photos I would rely on that before I relied on a
disposable film camera. I gave up on flying with film and only use
digital
now. Take some comparative shots and make some enlargements before you
decide for yourself.

I would also not rely on having CD's burned locally from my memory cards.
There several options. Memory cards are getting cheaper so you could
take
several. I prefer to take a storage device such as an Image Tank or a
small
portable stand-alone CD burner. Make sure you take and adapter plug
for the
local power supply if necessary.

If you are going to take a film camera, it is not really necessary to
have
CD's burned if you have your film developed in Ghana. Developed film
and/or
prints should not be affected by airport X-rays.

Scott

"lesshaste" wrote in message

Hi,

Is there anywhere in Accra (Ghana) that will develop disposable camera
film directly to CD?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers,
Raphael