Old August 29th, 2016, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Default Rhein cruises

Happy.Hobo wrote:
On 08-27-2016 16:10, Erilar wrote:
Looking for suggestions. I've been playing around with river cruise
websites, for a future(2018?)trip with a friend who does not speak German
along the river I know best, but she is a much better walker than I am.
Viking requires everyone to pay in advance for all their hikes(aka
"walks"), so they're off my list automatically. I've found several that

I'd bicycle from port to port rather than pay cruise prices. And I'll
get there before my friends on ship.

As for Viking, I was very careful (as always) to say NO to advertising.
That didn't stop them from dropping an expensive 20-30 page full color
solicitation in my mailbox every week. Even if the cost were
reasonable, I do not do business with spammers.

There was a time when I traveled everywhere I went via public transport or
on foot, often staying in Youth Hostels, though never on a bike. My body,
unfortunately, eventually got old and now can't do such things. River
cruises are about all I can manage alone.

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad