Old August 20th, 2004, 06:12 PM
PeterL

"abcd" wrote in message
m...

I bought a couple of guidebooks in the meantime which, along with your
comments, should get me going. I've got just another issue, and it's a
recurrent one: I have to buy a digital camera... I searched the Web
and these NGs but I wasn't able to find any recent postings/articles
about the subject. My preference (after some research) lies with the
Nikon Coolpix 5200 or something similar. Does anyone have a clue as to
whether it's cheaper in Japan or in Europe? Of course also considering
warranty, assistance, etc.

Thanks very much again,
andy

My general advice is to buy one where you are now. That way you'd have
warranty and time to familiarize yourself with the operation. I would buy
something at the 3 to 4 mgp range, light weight and uses AA batteries. That
way you can buy batteries practically all over the world, and not worry
about recharging proprietory batteries.