Old September 30th, 2004, 10:47 AM
SemanKilat

"Ir. Hj. Othman bin Hj. Ahmad" othmana@buangsampah wrote in message
:
: "Alex" wrote in message
: ...
: Very insightful of you Mr. Focus,
:
: "Focus" wrote in message
: ...
: PLEASE make 100% sure that you are going to make your purchase
: before you
: let them swipe your card because once they have swiped it, you can
: consider
: the transaction done. Even if you don't sign the transaction slip.
: You can
: bet 100% they won't ever refund your money if you change your
: mind.
:
: It should be pretty obvious that when we give the merchant our
: credit card,
: we already agree to buy.
:
: What if it were stolen? As had been the case so many times already. In
: fact, they can
: use it within the hour to break its credit limit.
:
: It is so unfair and unsafe that consumers in Malaysia should complain
: hard.
:
:
:

Correct me if I am wrong.... but the machine that captures the card infos
will store the credit card number, card holder name and expiry date. It
doesnt matter if they swipe it once.

Some of us when we use our cards at the petrol stations, we leave the
receipt there at the pump. The receipt contains all infos needed to execute
an online transactions.

---