Old February 3rd, 2005, 04:13 AM
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:31:59 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Chris Blunt" kirjoitti viestissä
.. .
It certainly doesn't instill much confidence in travelers checks
knowing they have such limited acceptability.

In Thailand this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Perhaps, but my point was that travelers checks are not as universally
acceptable as the companies that issue them like to pretend they are.

If I can find a major international bank in a capital city in Asia
that is reluctant to accept them, that substantially reduces my
confidence in using checks as a reliable way to take travel money.

Chris