Old September 8th, 2006, 11:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Frightens Me

Default sedation, was Bilingual in Europe versus USA

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 21:30:14 -0400, Karen Selwyn
wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

Do you really use the word "sedation" in this context to indicate the
action of settling down ? I may be biased by the fact we in Italian
would use the word "insediamento" which would indicate both the action
of settling down, and a settlement as a place.

No. As someone mother-tongue English who also speaks Italian, I can
assure you that sedation only means medically drugged.

I know I've heard the word "sedation" used in archaeology in a way that
doesn't mean medically drugged.

A very specific piece of terminology in an area I'm unfamiliar with.
Apparently I was wrong.

I'm picking up a a link via Google in the

....?

Please, don't keep us in suspense!
--
---