Old December 12th, 2006, 11:49 PM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
James A. Donald

Default Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

Mike Hunt
The issue isn't that the Rabbi wanted the Christmas
ornaments removed, but he wanted representation of his
religion a this public facility.

Christmas is a universal celebration, heavily celebrated
by pagans such as Chinese and Japanese. It is intended
to be universal - the slogan being "peace on earth and
goodwill to all men", not "Peace between Christians
while we make war on everyone else"

Whenever someone wishes you "happy holidays" he is
implicitly claiming that Christmas is "Peace between
Christians while we make war on everyone else", which if
the recipient happens to be a Christian, is an insult.

When someone launches a lawsuit, he is definitely
claiming that Christmas is "Peace between Christians
while we make war on everyone else" There is no
possibility of a peaceable end to such a lawsuit. If
they give him everything he demands, there will be long
queue of people making similar demands, concede and you
will be knee deep in litigation. The wiccans will
demand a giant phallus. The only escape from being
summoned before the courts is to chop down every
Christmas tree.

--
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/ James A. Donald