Old September 6th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:12:12 GMT "Joy" wrote:

:I have always wondered about the truck scales on the sides of major
:highways. I would like to understand how they work.

:Does a truck have to report to the scales once a trip or every time it
:passes the scales?

Every time they pass an open scales.

: Once they find out how heavy the truck is, do they have
:to pay fees based on the load? What is the reasoning?? Is it some kind of
:user pay or is it a way to help moving vans measure the weight of their
:load? Any explanations would be appreciated!

They check the weight against the papers (and check the lading papers as
well).

If the weight is off, someone (possibly even the government) is being cheated.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com