Old January 21st, 2006, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Shimba Hills National Park

I know it as "Mombasa train". I don't know whether it is
poisonous, but almost certainly not for us humans.

Mombassa express, Shongololo express (shongololo is zulu for centipide,
however is is a millipide) are the common names.
They don't have a poisonous bite/sting, but can squirt a fluid which
contains cyanide. Centipide however can inflict a poisonous bite.

If you touch them and they roll up then it's a female, male just keep on
going (this I have learned from a Shangaan tracker, but actually I don't
recall why this is so).

Not sure which animals eat millipedes, I taught civet cats and honey badgers
did.

Corné.

www.amukela.com