Old August 4th, 2006, 05:10 PM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.air
Dave Frightens Me

Default "One bag" travel, which bag is best?

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:53:16 -0500, wrote:

Manfred Aigner wrote:

You're right in most points, but a small trolley is perfect for business
travelling, when you do 3-4 day trips, where you only move within
airports, hotels, train stations an central urban areas.... then they
are a perfect thing and since I borrowed a trolley for such a trip some
years ago I don't want to miss it.

Isn't it possible to buy and external bag trolley and
then only use it when needing wheels by strapping the
bag in the trolley?

IOW...do NOT buy something built in?

I always hated the idea of wheels, but my wife bought a combined
backpack with a solid back, and wheels. It's actually really good for
urban travelling. Better than my backpack in fact.

I still prefer my pack, because it's sooooo comfy on and is both big,
and collapsible, and narrow enough to go anywhere, but hers is great
around the city.
--
---
DFM -