Old March 31st, 2009, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike O'Sullivan

Default Scenic drive from the movie "Ronin"

Dan Stephenson wrote:
OK, the great John Frankenheimer movie with Robert de Niro, Jean Reno,
Sean Bean, Jonathan Pryce and many others.... is just great.

There was a scene where after de Niro's character is shot, Reno's
character takes him to the home of his mentor played by Michael
Lonsdale. Anyway -- there is an aerial shot of them driving there,
through a twisty road within some very interesting rock formations.

Anyone know where that road is (presumeably in France) ??

I remember some of the car chases being filmed in the city of Nice,
which I'm familiar with. I seem to remember that the scenes you refer to
being set in the nearby hilly areas in Provence.