Old August 17th, 2004, 06:07 PM
kim isaksen

"Hallvard Tangeraas" wrote in message
om...
I recently came back after a more than 8 month long trip around the
world and have had an absolutely fantastic time!!!
Getting back home was like pulling the emergency brake on the train.
Quite an abrupt stop in other words. No more excitement, new
places/things/people to see every single day etc.

And nobody really understands the whole concept of travelling like
this or has much interest in hearing about it all. 2 minutes seems
plenty for most people. I guess it's hard to relate to something like
this when most people have only had 2 week vacations now and then.

So how do you other guys handle this sort of thing? How do you get
back to an everyday life, or do you?
I'm pretty free at the moment, not knowing exactly what to do with my
life, so I'm trying to get ideas. I don't feel particularly at home
anywhere, so I guess home could be anywhere.

I'd like to hear what other people having done after something like
this.

Well the first time i did my half year in sandals i had the same experince
when i came back home. But now i've just realised. People stay at home
because they dont have an interest to se the world the same way I do. They
dont understand my fascination about travel, diving and different cultures.
They dont think it can be fun to sleep with spiders, snakes and spirits in
an indonesian treehut. And i dont get the life improvement in a 42" plasma
screen, or a black BMW. Well thats just normal. Thats why people conquered
the world in the first place. There is people who stay and build, and people
who is restless and want to se what lies behind the line in the horizon. You
might just be a wanderer in stead of a builder. So find some other wanderes
to shares your interests with.

Thats my 1000 rupies.

/iM