Old November 10th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Luca Logi

Default good guide book for Italy trip

Giovanni Drogo wrote:

Personally (as an italian travelling abroad) I've always travelled with
TCI guides for countries for which they existed, and found them better
or much better than other (Lonely Planet, Fodor)

I find the TCI guides to be a bit too high-brow. Say, if the place is a
real dump I prefer Lonely Planet guides that tell me to watch my wallet
instead of the TCI that directs me to the reimans of a former romanic
church.

I also like the Time Out city guides. Again, the art history part
doesn't even compare with TCI, but they are good in directing you to
interesting shops or theatres - not even mentioned in TCI guides.

Very few guides, anyway, have the extremely fine details such as TCI red
guides.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail: