Old June 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default two weeks in the U.S.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 14:06:26 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

The tourist part of Las Vegas (the "strip") is very small and you can
easily walk from one to the other in just a few minutes.

Mandalay Bay to Wynn (the useful strip) is about a mile and a half. Wynn to
downtown is another two miles. I walk those routes all the time, but the heat is
often oppressive and wouldn't allow most people to do so.

But there are buses along the strip for which you can get daily or longer passes
to wander about as you like. I'd recommend them.

IMO, the tram line running up to the convention center and the Hilton is
ridiculously expensive and not often convenient.

If you want to get to places off-strip, like Rio, some of them run their own
shuttles to strip hotels.

-- Larry