Old November 16th, 2012, 06:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Best Cabins on Ships...

Bo1953 wrote:
snip snip snip snip snip snip snip snip snip snip ...

I am sure you've been told this before, and I will tell you again. Go to

Cruise Critic. You will likely find a discussion on the best cabins on

the ship you are interested in, and if it isn't there, you can ask about

your specific choices.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for the input. I have been to cruise critic many times and it
does not address the questions about cabins, as I have seen before on
another site. Specifically, I seek input about the best cabin(s) for
value on the ship(s) requested which are unbiased. For example, the web
site I speak of gave a true value in cabins on one ship as being two
specific cabins on the where the life boats hang. What made this an
absolute value is, these cabins have 'unobstructed views' at an obstructed view price.

I will return, once again to Cruise Critics to see if this type of
information is there, I do not recollect seeing it. I want information on
cabins based on values and not assignment after booking.

Thank you very much for your input and information.

On Cruise Critic you can ask about a specific cabin. As far as the site you
are asking about never heard of it but I suggest in the future that if you
find a web site you find helpful then you need to bookmark the site.

As far as cabins with unobstructed views at obstructed view prices a good
travel agent can tell you that. Or look at the deck plans yourself. I have
picked them myself several times easily. They are the obstructed view
cabins on the deck with the life boats not right behind the life boats.
They are partially obstructed but there is still a view. You can pick those
cabins yourself.

As you always ask about luxury or other upscale cruise lines I am not sure
why a value cabin is that important to you. Likely those upscale lines
don't have those kind of value cabins or many of them. I have been on the
sister ship of the Azamara Quest you asked about, Azamara Journey and
offhand without looking at the deck plan I doubt you will find a cabin on
her that is priced like that. But again look at the deck plan yourself.
Those kind of cabins usually can be seen on the plans. If you want a good
value on Azamara you need to time your booking to when there is a sale.
Often they offer deals on airfare if you book a balcony or higher cabin.
Get on their email list. I get email sales from them every week or two. .

--
Charles