Old December 17th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Jørn-Morten Innselset

"Liz" wrote in message
It is certainly possible, I'm not sure about the 'limited budget': it
depends how limited.
In case you don't know, a nice thing you can do on Zanzibar is to go to
see
the Zanzibar Red Colobus (monkeys) at Jozani Forest.
Plus the snorkelling off Chumbe Island is fantastic.

Thanks, Liz

By limited I mean that as a safari really is not our main target activity,
we might stretch to $200-300 each if it at all is worth the time and money.
Would a trip to the southern game reserves pale considerably compared to
Ngorongoro and Serengeti, and would we be better off saving the whole safari
experience for another journey? I really don't know what to expect, and what
makes a "good" safari (except not being ripped off or avoiding being killed
in a freak road accident).

Thanks for the tip about the monkeys and the snorkelling, that's certainly
something we will do (I'm getting hit over the head by friends for not
planning to go diving in Zanzibar, but that whole underwater thing is just
not my cup of tea... :\ )

jm