Old April 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle

Default Southampton Pier***

"Martin" wrote in message

The pier in Southampton isn't where your cruise ship will dock
http://www.theheritagetrail.co.uk/pi...on%20royal.htm

It will dock at one of the cruise ship terminals.
http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/cruise_ship.asp

but then I was not looking for one since I
had no need for it....I do, however, remember landing at the airport in
Venice several years ago and being told that they had no ATM there at the
airport and I ended up going to a foreign money exchange office to get
money
for transportation to our hotel and how costly it was.

I don't know what country you are from but you certainly do not offer
helpful advice.

I don't ask silly questions that imply England is in the third world
either.

I implied no such thing and explained my concern because of our experience
at the airport in Venice.
Since when does not having an ATM at a certain location make a place a third
world country? THAT is a ridiculous statement!
By the way, thank you for the link to the cruise ship terminal...

--Jean