Old November 29th, 2007, 09:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Hanne Gottliebsen

Default Can you buy UK to US tickets with US dollars while in the UK?

Doug Weller wrote:
I fly UK -US round trip to visit my elderly dad. He pays for the tickets,
giving me US dollars. But I end up paying in pounds and lose heavily in
the dollars to pounds conversion.
If I could pay from my US bank account I'd save. But I haven't been able
to figure out how to do this (I'm talking online of course).
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Doug

Sometimes the airlines US website will allow you to book a UK - US
return trip, and you pay in USD. I know that I have done this with
United no problem.

But you have to go to the US version of the website, and stay there.

HTH,
Hanne