Old November 4th, 2015, 05:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Don Wiss

Default Where in Paris is this?

On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 03:32:21 +0100, "M@gd@" wrote:

On Mon, 02 Nov 2015 22:52:12 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, Don Wiss
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Where in Paris is this? (Screen grab from Spring 1926 film)
... http://donwiss.com/pictures/misc/Par...n-location.jpg

Place de la Concorde - Jardin des Tuilleries.

Thanks.

I had considered Place de la Concorde, but looking at Google Maps I could
not place it there. There is a title card with Place de la Concorde, but
then it shows a rural cemetery that appears to be the Suresnes American
Cemetery. Then after the cemetery there is a title card with "Parade of
Richmond Blues and Putnam Phalanx. American Escort of General Jaffee" and
it shows that scene on my link.

But then I was looking at Google Maps at the open Place de la Concorde, and
not the Jardin des Tuilleries.

If you want to see the entire film, it can be downloaded off of he
http://jwissandsons.com/family/grand-tour/
The best parts are the various street scenes.

Soon it will be put up on YouTube or Vimeo.