Old May 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
L.Hachey

Default cruise trip report

I'm sure you've had a typo or two in your lifetime?

Like I said, if you don't like it, you don't have to take part.

Does cruisereviews pay for your reviews? Does cruisecritics pay for your
reviews?

Wow, flamers unite.

L.Hachey.
www.MyTripReport.com

"Kathryn Ann McCormick" wrote in message
L.Hachey couldn't be a professional. He/She can't even get his/her web
site name right in his/her own signature.

Oh, and by the way, my reviews ARE my work, and I OWN THEM. You say all
your contributors are happy about your site. How many NON-contributors
like it?

L.Hachey wrote:

And I gave you an honest answer. This isn't peoples' "work". These are
peoples' reports. People write these reports TYPICALLY to share with

others
for the means of HELPING others to plan their trips.

I'm wondering..how do you earn YOUR money? Do you work in a restaurant?

You
feed people and earn money for it? Oh, the humanity! Or do you work in

hospital? You fix peoples' illnesses and charge for it? Oh the humanity!
Get the picture? Everybody makes a living somehow, and I'm not living

off
the dole, welfare, or something else. I'm working hard to earn a living

by
creating a service that is worthwhile to people. Am I earning a living

by
creating porn sites or by doing something illegal or immoral? No. So

why
all the flack about it? Geez.

L. Hachey.
www.MyReportTrip.com

PS. No, I don't pay my contributors, all of my contributors so far have
been MORE than happy to share their reports with me, in fact they have

loved
the idea of my site and of having their reports on the site where they

can
send their family and friends to read it. I have never once received

such a
hostile reply such as yours.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

I never said it was "bothersome" or that I was "offended." I just
wanted an honest answer about your using other peoples' work on a site
you earn money from.

Do you pay your contributors?

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

"CupCaked" wrote in message

Sorry, ignore my earlier post. You answered my question. Your site
is a commercial site.

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has gone

into

creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six months

creating

it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from advertising

income.

Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich! =)

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a living

while

also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've created a
service that I hope will benefit others, while at the same time I

hope

that

perhaps I may make a few dollars from advertisers so that I can make

this

my

job. And in the end I may not. But still, the service is there for

others.

I"m not trying to be dishonest or deceiving in anyway. I like to

travel

also, and I like to cruise, and I really see this as a service others

could

find useful.

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to take part.

Thanks,
L.Hachey.

"Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message
om...

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:43:21 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask and

will

answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Do you make money off your site?

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)