Old February 1st, 2008, 06:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.misc,rec.travel.usa-canada
Mr. Travel

Default Cancun

Technobarbarian wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
m...

Calif Bill wrote:

Going to the ruins, get on a bus. Is a long day, and coming back about
80% of the people fell asleep.

Sure they fall asleep, they have nothing else to do.

We were all tired after a long day in the sun.

If you take the tour you can be led around Chichin Itza like you're
part of a herd of cattle, by a guide who will fill you full of information,
not all of which is accurate. You'll have ample opportunity to sleep on the
way back to Cancun. If you drive yourself you can see: Chichin Itza, the
Balanchanche cave and Ek Balam, or some other combination of ruins, in a day
and drive back to the coast without falling asleep. I've done it a number of
times. Better still you can spend the night in Piste or Valladolid or Merida
and see a lot more than "the ruins".

TB

I prefer Coba, since there were far less people compared when I drove there.