Old December 8th, 2005, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Germany's red carpet welcome faces first World Cup test

Jens Arne Maennig wrote: It must have been a lucky day. Over 50% of
my frequent visits to German restaurants and shops are leaving me a
negative impression.

I agree that Germany is not very service oriented, but on my frequent
visits to German restaurants and shops very few leave me with a
negative impression. I just don't go back to places with poor service
if possible, and many places actually have excellent service.

George