Old August 18th, 2004, 03:38 AM
Fly Guy

Bob Chipeska wrote:

... if they plan to hijack another airliner they already know the
passengers will put up a fight.

Give it a few years. Memories will fade. When faced with a similar
situation, there is no garantee that a plane full of pax WILL combat a
handfull of terrorists. They will be confused. They will look
around. They will wonder what to do. They will think - "if I act, it
may be the wrong thing to do". There will be self doubt. All this
while the terrorists are screaming at them to be quite and not talk to
each other. All this, because the collective understanding (that
hijackers are to be disabled at all costs) will not exist.

How many people know, like zombies, that the tray table and seat-back
must be upright and locked? That their **** must be stowed prior to
landing?

How many people WILL know, in the future, what to do in a 9-11
situation? How many people know RIGHT NOW? Who has told them -
officially? The cowards in the White-house and FAA? The airlines?
The media? Cowards all of them. Now, we'll give the sheep a handfull
of skymarshalls. We can't possibly enact a policy that would HELP
THEM HELP THEMSELVES in the case of the next 9-11.

If there is a genuine hijacking, do you really think an FA with
a knife to her throat is going to have the presence of mind to
ask the passengers to detain her captor?

Do you really think that such a request needs to be made? Do you WANT
IT so that such a request MUST be made to propel the passengers into
action?

What is the difference between a "genuine hijacking" and a "jihaddi
hijacking" in this day and age anyways? What- do you want the pax to
be sheep during a "genuine hijacking" ??? Do you want there to be 2
policies for how pax are supposed to react to a hijacking (or any such
violence within the cabin) ?

Do you honestly believe a jihaddi hijacker will be scared by
your announcement? I don't.

The intent would not be to scare them.

The intent would be to make them realize that pax in general, on each
and every flight, have the collective understanding that anyone who
endangers the plane or crew will be immediately tackled. Not just 1
week after 9/11, or 1 month, or 1 year - but for all times.