Old November 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Lou

Default Anti-malaria medication in Ethiopia

"Adam W" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I am going to Ethiopia in February for about two weeks. I am planning to
visit the following places:
Addis Ababa
Bahir Dar
Gonder
Axum
Mekelle
Adigrat
Lalibela

Do you think I need to take any anti-malaria meds ?
Out of these places only Bahir Dar seems to be below 2000m and I am going
stay there for two/three days. Did anyone do a trip with similar
itinerary?
What are your experiences? Of course I am going to use Deet but I wonder
if
anti-malaria "sweets" are necessary in my case.

Thanks a lot

Adam

Adam,

As a regular Ethiopian traveller I can say you that you don't need
anti-malaria meds for these places and as you said only for Bahir Dar (Tana
area) eventually meds is suggested (altough we never used it there for a few
days, but that's up to you)
Is it safe travelling in the North now?? (political situation seems unstable
at this moment)
Lou Andreoli
Human, wildlife & nature photographer
http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~louine