Old December 28th, 2006, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue/WDW1972

Default Questions about the Maasdam

Bev Klein wrote:
We're considering a transatlantic trip on the Maasdam in July and have
been looking at the HA deck plans on their web pages for this ship. Are
the cabin layouts shown on their web pages correct - or just
schematics? Can't understand why they would put the bed under the
windows so that you can't see outside from the couch. We're comparing
categories D and DA and can't tell if there are any differences (except
in price); both classes are adjacent to each other. And the cabin
descriptions tell you nothing about the bathroom space.

On the non-verandah cabins the sofa comes first as you enter and the
bed is under the window. This provides a roomier-feeling cabin. When
you move up to a verandah, the bed comes first, followed by the sofa -
otherwise you wouldn't really have access to the balcony if the bed was
in the way.

I usually cruise with a verandah, but booked an outside on a vista
class ship when I did a solo cruise. I found the window was huge - and
frequently sat up there reading. I don't recall if the Maasdam has the
deep window seating - perhaps someone with recent experience can chime
in. There shouldn't be any difference in the D vs DA (or most other
outside cabins) other than location.
Sue