Old April 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default scandinavia

On 04/28/2013 02:15 PM, David Horne wrote:
Martin wrote:

On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 05:55:20 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

David Horne wrote:
Erilar wrote:

And NEVER to plan to change planes in
Oslo on a Friday afternoon! They make even transfer passengers go through
security again, and the line wound almost out the door!

That's the case for any European transfer flight I've been on...

not in copenhagen the last two times I transferred there

It's to stop passengesr arriving from countries with inferior security
smuggling explosives and weapons into the airport.

And to **** off many buying duty free (liquids) at airports outside
Europe...

That is most certainly true. If you have a connecting onward flight,
you have to make sure when you buy duty free liquids that the vendor
seals them in a tamper-free bag good enough to satisfy security checks.
There is a way round it - you go out of the security area at the
transfer airport, and check the stuff in for the second leg.