Old July 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM
Peter L

Default Two Houston questions - Referring to the Astros and NASA

"MTV" wrote in message
Peter L wrote:

My son lives in Houston and we visited a couple of times. I agree with
everything you said except the end. Houston has probably the worst

dining
scene for any major city we've experienced. LA, NY, and Chicago all

beat
Houston hands down. Even many medium sized cities (notably SF) has much
more to offer in terms of restaurants.

Excuse me! That's absolutely false!
Huge variety, Most "dining out" city in the country, etc. etc. Unless your
son doesn't live "in the city" and is out in one of the Ex-urbs.

My son lives right in downtown. You can disagree all you want. I don't
know where that "most dining out city" moniker comes from. But for being
the 4th largest city in the US, it's dining scene is extremely poor.

You can check out "Houston.Eats" newsgroup for discussions and answers to
questions.

I don't have any questions. I was there and my son being single, eats out a
lot. It's our impression and his impression also.

Marvin