Old June 6th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Gregory Morrow

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco wrote:

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:49:32 +0100,
wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich tesco
writes:

It's not bogus. What the hell do you know about it?

I see a lot of people losing time and money whenever the Olympics

come
to town. A few people get rich, everyone else suffers (including, in
many cases, the taxpayers).

You didn't answer the question.

My Greek dentist told me that it would take at least two generations
to pay off the debts incurred by holding the Olympic Games in Athens,

I'm sure it probably will, but I'm interested in why the proposed urban
regeneration deprived areas of London is supposed to be "bogus" exactly,
and all Mixi has in 'evidence' is that other host countries lose money.
well, duh. Does he have evidence it's fraudulent- it's not going to
happen? No, and besides, if urban regeneration of that part of London
'lost' money (given taxpayers are always ultimately involved in these
kinds of regeneration projects) that may be neither here nor there
anyway.

Hey, let London hold the Olympics in the Millenium Dome! ;-p

--
Best
Greg