Old January 25th, 2008, 05:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

Default Ontario Hotels

"Lee" schrieb

Considering I live in Manchester (city has a population of 450,000,
region has a population of 2,500,000) I am not too daunted by the fact
that Ottawa is a city (population of 800,000) or of visiting Toronto
(population of 2,500,000).

I live in Potsdam just southwest of Berlin (Population 3,000,000),
and I've been to London a few times, but still... when I travel I want
to have nature. Lots of it! I guess I'd skip Manchester and rather
go hiking in the Peak District instead g

We have more than enough densely populated regions in Europe so
I really don't need that when travelling around Canada.

Your posts are helping me to understand what I want
from the first visit and realise what it is that attracted me to
Ontario in the first place.

I had been to British Columbia and Alberta many times since 1976
before I first came to Ontario a few years ago, and it "feels" very
European in comparison. I don't know what it is: The vegetation?
The shapes in the landscape that somehow remind me of Scandi-
navia? I have no idea why, but somehow it was "just like at home".
I'm sure you'll like it!

Jochen from Germany