Old December 26th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Mark D.

Default NWA in-flight service is not so Welcoming!

I've done NWA from US to Narita on all three classes. The service

in Business and First (no longer available now I guess) are far superior
than

the same in economy class. The airline probably makes most money from
Business class.

Just because people don't pay too much in economy class doesn't mean that

they deserve a bad service.

Then again, by flying economy if you save over $1200, taking crap will be
well worth.

I wonder whether Airlines make it difficult to fly economy by purpose
thinking

passengers will make the move from hell (economy) to the heaven (Business).

I am pretty sure I have enough WorldPerks miles to get an upgrade to
business class at least on my JFK--Tokyo leg round trip. Will be
curious to see if it would be worth the $2k over $700-$800 of a coach
fare not just in terms of seat room (which is obvious just when
looking at the business class area), but in service as well.

Dean C. Harris
http://www.ElegantWebs.com