Old June 9th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Frank F. Matthews

OughtFour wrote:

Shivakumar wrote:

I am taking Oughtfour's tip and kocking Greece off the list ( Some
other time to try authentic Kebobs and Baklava). I am keeping Spain as
optional depending on availibility of time. Neither my wife nor I are
into museums, so I expect we will take lesser time than normal to cover
Italy & France. We are more interested in exploring the countryside
with little old towns and I would definitely like to look at some
castles.

Once I determine air-fares and book tickets,I will plan out the details
of exactly what we will do.

Since you have not yet bought your tickets, I will chime in with the
suggestion to fly "open jaws" rather than round trip in and out of the same
city.

In other words, if you will be traveling from Rome to Barcelona, don't buy a
ticket that will require you to return to Rome to fly home. Fly home from
Barcelona.

This will save you time on the ground--effectively adding at least a day to
the sightseeing part of your trip. Likely it will save you money too, if you
factor in the cost of returning to Rome.

Have a great time!

Unless he is intending to use a car. In that case a round trip to
wherever rental is reasonable might be best. Drop off charges can kill you.