Old July 11th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Corné

"Raymond" schreef in bericht
HI,

I like to think that I am not spooked very easily. We have been to
Jordan and other so-called dodgy places , however.

There are four of us going to South Africa in September for three
weeks and we shall hire a car. We will be in the Captown area for
three days, fly to Durban then make our way up to Kruger via some as
yet unplanned route. We have purchased our air tickets so we really
are going.

The vehicle we will use will be a 4x4, a Ford Explorer or the like.
Now the question, some folk would have us believe that in such a
vehicle the probability of it being hijacked is very high (like almost
one). Surley this is rubbish yes? Who would try and take a car from
four people? This has got to represent a high risk from the bandits
point of viw.

Cheers, Ray.

Ray, the most changes for hijacking are after dark until dawn in the cities.
As long as you make sure that you don't drive in the bigger citycenters at
night, there really is not a problem at all. More then 6,5 Million tourists
visit SA every year, without problems.

Enjoy the Kruger, and bring some good rains!

Corné.

www.amukela.com