Old January 6th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Pat Anderson

In message , Rita Daggett
writes
"Pat Anderson" wrote in message

Big Cat Diary is great, as usual, with the
enthusiasm of the three presenters adding to the thrill of seeing these
cats.

Mmmm - I dont think this series is anything like as good as the previous
ones; get the impression its been much more heavily edited to tell a 'story'
and to have lots of exciting cliff-hangers, rather than just being a more
accurate representation of Big Cats' lives.
I know they HAVE to edit or it would be very boring but the previous series
(as far as I recall) were shown in the autumn and very close to the actual
filming; this one seems to have been filmed some time ago and edited at
leisure?

You are right Rita, they are usually shown in the autumn. If you
remember, when Big Cat Diary was first shown it was live, first thing in
the morning here in Britain, I think at the week end. It may have had a
different title as well.
I have a friend in Nairobi who told me the filming was done August/
September.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson