Old January 6th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Liz

In message
"Rita Daggett" wrote:

"Pat Anderson" wrote in message

Big Cat Diary is great, as usual, with the
enthusiasm of the three presenters adding to the thrill of seeing these
cats.

Mmmm - I dont think this series is anything like as good as the previous
ones; get the impression its been much more heavily edited to tell a 'story'
and to have lots of exciting cliff-hangers, rather than just being a more
accurate representation of Big Cats' lives.

I think it was heralded in RT as 'soap opera'!
Mind you, all my colleagues, not very natural history minded, are glued!

I know they HAVE to edit or it would be very boring but the previous series
(as far as I recall) were shown in the autumn and very close to the actual
filming; this one seems to have been filmed some time ago and edited at
leisure?

Again, according to the RT, they were a month filming, for 2 1/2 hours
broadcastable footage.
Of course, this can lead to problems for drivers when visitors expect that
much action during their brief visit, not realising the extensive logistics
involved in filming such as BCD.

Anyway, it helps to ease my withdrawal symptoms, and even D is muttering
about how he'd like to go back. :-)

Slainte

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos