Old June 29th, 2007, 02:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Chinese (and other) pilots unable to speak English pose danger for air travel (CNN)

Matthias van Henk writes:

As more and more aviation business is operated from Asia and Chinese is
the most spoken language in the world all communication should be made
in Chinese then. :-)

Chinese has a very limited geographic distribution. English is the most
widely spoken language, even if it has fewer _native_ speakers.

While I do not doubt that the Chinese influence in the world will continue to
grow, I don't expect this to have much effect on the use of language.