Old July 10th, 2017, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,talk.politics.european-union
Simon Laub[_2_]

Default A report from Andalucia, July 2017

Have just returned from a trip to Andalucia.
Lots of impressions to pass on, but, sadly, not much activity
in rec.travel.european these days? I.e. not that many
to pass the story on to?
Nevertheless, I'll give it a go:

Shortly: Andalucia has certainly been influenced
by a lot of people over the centuries.
From roman emperors, onwards to muslim caliphates,
followed by Viking raids (Vikings who later settle in the
area, selling cheese) and forward to Spanish kings,
who started expeditions to the rest of the world from
the Andalician heartland.
Between all the wars you certainly don't get the impression
that the past was such a glorious time of stability
that you sometimes see it portrayed as in the media ...

But, well, the land is still there.
And well worth a visit.

You can see some pictures from my trip he
http://www.simonlaub.net/Fortunecity...017/index.html

best wishes
-Simon