Old April 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike Lane

Default Is Vienna the only city alive in Europe on weekends?

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:02:51 +0100, Martin wrote
(in article ):

In France I avoid motorways (and 'N' roads) as far as practicable, so OK,
I was wrong - it's not impossible. What I meant was if you are in a small
town in France on a Sunday you might have to make a considerable detour
and pay a motorway toll charge just to buy fuel.

I agree, but I have never had a problem finding somewhere reasonably good
to eat in France on a Sunday, even in small villages.

Well I have - quite often. Depends where of course. When I go to stay for a
few days it'll usually be in a tourist area - then there's no problem, en
route though, it's a different matter. Have you ever tried Wimereux near
Boulogne on a Sunday evening? Like a morgue last time I was there!

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire