Old September 16th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Miguel Cruz

Default Cheap and safe around the world

Jim Ley wrote:
(Miguel Cruz) wrote:
A few days' worth of clothes (heavy on the socks, t-shirts, and
underwear), closed shoes to wear on the plane and open shoes (Tevas or
similar) for later,

Other than the smell of the shoes after you've been with them for
awhile, why recommend closed shoes for the plane?

Mainly that. Two pairs are useful (since one can get soaked through by a
walk in the rain), so given the choice of what to wear in a closed space, I
figure it's nice to be polite to fellow travelers.

120/240V electric shaver, plug adapters for same,

Hmm, an odd extravagance - Razor with 5 or so blades and shaving oil,
considerable smaller to pack, no need for electricity, and freedom to
shave wherever you want.

My razor is pretty small. I like it because I can shave while doing other
things (reading, packing, etc.). Finding electricity is rarely a problem; at
least often enough to charge the batteries. With a blade, I really have to
pay attention or I end up looking like I've just come through a plate glass
window - and I have to stand over the sink while doing it to avoid dripping
on stuff.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos and tales from around the world:
http://travel.u.nu