Old June 12th, 2011, 09:05 PM posted to rec.travel.latin-america
AGW

Default Iguazu Falls when you're in a wheelchair

Hello.

I have the chance to spend a day or so in and around Iguazu Falls in
mid-March, 2012, prior to a cruise that leaves from Rio. I'm a
paraplegic (male, 47) in a wheelchair but not frail. (While I cannot
walk, I can transfer from the wheelchair into a car.) I know that the
area has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. For those who
have been the how wheelchair-friendly is it? Are the trails/ramps
steep? Are there viewing platforms that I could reach? Comments, both
specific to access and general in nature, would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.