Old January 8th, 2013, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default Delphi, Greece Top Three Travel Experiences? Ummm.........

"M@gd@" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:23:42 -0000, in rec.travel.europe, "tim....."
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... "M@gd@" wrote in message
... ...
... On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 16:43:48 -0600, in rec.travel.europe, Dan
Stephenson
... arranged some electrons, so they looked
like
... this:
... ...
... ... I think I would agree, that Winter in Greece sounds very
appealing.
... ... Temperature is right, crowds such as they are, are minimized,
and if
... ... overcast -- great! Thanks for the feedback.
... I was there end of November three years ago. 20C and sunny almost
every
... day (it rained a
... little just once in ten days), very few tourists, the Greeks relaxed
and
... nice... The only
... negative point, if you like to take pictures, is that the light does
not
... last long: at
... 16h30 I was already packing my phot gear, no use insisting.
... It not just that it doesn't last long, the sun is always low in the
sky, so
... getting decent pictures even when it is light, can be impossible
... tim

I took great pictures at the time - but it was between 10 and 15h.

I'm not saying that it's always impossible, but it sometimes will be
depending upon whether you have access to the North/South/East or West of
the item you are photographing.

(ICBA to work out what direction is crap)

tim

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.