Old January 19th, 2005, 02:35 AM
Wolfie

We flew CI SFO to CGK, 14.5 hours to Taipei, plus 5 more hours to Jakarta,
with our son when he was 18 months. He was too big for the bassinette--
which is in the front row. We did buy a ticket (at half price) and I am glad
we did. If the airplane is full you will rue the day you didn't have a seat
for him. We took the back row of seats on the side (3 across). There was a
small place behind it where he could go when he was bored. It wasn't far
from the lavatory and because it had the wall behind we were not so worried
about him annoying others. We did slip a little Sudafed type medicine in his
milk to encourage sleep on the trip and for the most part he slept (on mom
or dad or in his own seat) most of the first leg. Our son is also "active"
and it was a challenge. Bring toys and books and your own snacks and drinks
that he likes. It was not as bad as I had feared and hopefully your trip
will work out fine also!

Best wishes,
Wolf
"bar" wrote in message
Hello,
I`am planning to fly by Cathay Pacific airlines to Asia with my wife and

20
months old son in March and I have few questions.
I have a reservation to fly on board Boeing 747-400, how look the place

for
the mother witch child?
Is there a special place to lay down a child to sleep? I haven`t idea how

put up12 hours flight witch my wriggle son, he can`t sit down for a second
;-)
Can I take on board collapsing stroller ?

Do You have any other useful advice for me?

regards,
bar