Old February 25th, 2010, 08:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Default Carnival announces record sales and fare increases

On 2/25/2010 1:40 AM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
wrote in message
d...
In , Jean O'Boyle
wrote:

Something must be in the wind...I received an e-mail from Carnival Cruise
Lines saying the same thing...makes me wonder...hmmmm.

I think it is a ploy which they hope will be a self fulfilling
prophecy. Get demand to increase by scaring people into bookings now.
If they get more bookings by it then they can sustain the higher
prices.

I agree, Charles...With unemployment so high, why would they consider
raising prices?.
Sounds more like greed by using scare tactics to me .
--Jean

Prices are raised or lowered based on models used for so-called yield
management software using data such as current bookings as compared to
bookings in comparable periods in previous years. The press release
suggests that effective March 22 the model will be tweaked. Note further
that the press release only deals with the Carnaval brand (Carnival
Cruise Lines), not Carnival Corporation. Actually some of Costa's Asia
cruises and some of HAL's European cruises are offered at prices even
lower than last year's.