Old September 17th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Miguel Cruz

Default Washington,DC visit.

ferret wrote:
I am visiting Washington (staying in Alexandria) from England Over Xmas
through new year and would like to know if
1. Are there still boat trips on the Potomac?

I think a lot of them shut down around October or November. May still be a
couple running though.

2. Is Alexandria any good?

Debatable. It's quaint but in a very artificial way. Lots of Ye Olde
Shoppes. In the summertime there are some performers at the pier behind the
Torpedo Factory art/craft center, and a stroll up King Street can be nice,
but in winter you're pretty much limited to looking for parking spaces and
buying scented candles.

3. Any one know what the Washington suites in Alexandria are like?

Far from DC.

4. Are we likely to have problems getting up to the Skyway road in the
mountains for a trip?

Skyline? It doesn't usually snow a whole lot in the city that early, but up
in the mountains it can. Not the most beautiful time to go up there -
leafless trees and brown ground.

5. What closes over the period in Washington in the way of Museums etc.

They're closed on the 25th and probably the 1st but that's about it.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.