Old September 14th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Patty Winter

In article , Ken wrote:
(Patty Winter) wrote in
:
However, the first Thursday or Friday of October some years ago, a
friend and I had to take a different route to get to Mammoth because
Tioga Pass was closed when we had to make our decision.

Sometimes the road is temporarily (like a few hours or overnight) closed due to
an early season snow storm. In October, the snow usually melts pretty quickly.

Er, yeah, I think that's what I was saying. :-) Hence my comment about
the road reopening in the afternoon. But we couldn't be sure it would
reopen before we got there, so we did the safe thing and took an
alternate route.

Patty