Old September 25th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Default Alternative travel? was weird car avoidance

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/24/2003 9:22 PM Jack May spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message

So what else can you tell us about this phenomonon? I'm all ears.

Obviously he is thinking about 75 MPH Segway type unicycles
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/auto/ar...489828,00.html
With sophisticated electronics vehicles will need only 4 ft on a side of
space on the road. That means at 75 MPH about 300,000 vehicles per hour
per lane vs. the present 2200 with cars.
It will be so efficient that all cars, trains, and busses will obviously
have to be banned from all cities and replaced with high powered Segway
unicycles :-)

No, forget that--it's time to implement the Rolling Roads!

Old farts who used to listen to old radio shows will know what I'm
talking about. ("The Roads Must Roll")

I've forgotten. DO we first need massive solar power or hugh nukes
which threaten to blow up the world if the controllers get a bit weird?

FFM