Old November 27th, 2003, 02:12 AM
Diva

Default A Very Different Thanksgiving

I took my protein shakes along. In the morning I did room service and =
got dry cereal with a banana. I mixed the cereal with my protein shake =
-- kind of like a pudding with cereal and a banana. I ate a ton of fresh =
fruit so I wouldn't "graze" on all the bad stuff. At dinner, I asked our =
waiter if he could provide me with a broiled skinless chicken breast and =
baked potato with vegetables and a salad if there was nothing else =
healthy on the menu, and he brought me that on many evenings. Only one =
evening I really indulged in filet or steak or whatever the redmeat was, =
but I didn't feel very well afterwards. Red meat just doesn't agree with =
me. I seldom ate desserts, and the couple of occasions when I did I was =
careful to choose something like sherbet. After dinner I would go to the =
show, and then I'd go back to the cabin and change into my workout =
attire. I'd go up on the jogging track and jog for about 40 minutes or =
so. I remember one very VERY windy night when it was impossible to jog =
up there and breathe at the same time s I walked up and down stairways =
for about 45 minutes -- and a couple of times I managed to get a =
treadmill in the gym during the daytime, but that was really hard as it =
was crammed with people and was hard to get a reservation on them. I =
also did the yoga class once. I tried to eat a lot of veggies and fruits =
at lunchtime. I snorkeled at every opportunity and swam a lot in the =
ship's pool. Even doing all of THAT, I gained 4 lbs., which I got off =
in the two weeks following the cruise. It's a challenge to stay thin and =
healthy when cruising if your metabolism is on the slow side, but it can =
be done.

June

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message =
I will be fixing Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow ala South Beach diet
style. I gained 10 lbs on a 10 day cruise. I`m sure I heard my scale
groan when I stepped on it. Food on the Horizon was really
good........but those Martinis were special.
What do others do to keep their eating under control when on a cruise?

~Dory~