Old November 6th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Rydale

Default Kilimanjaro and Tarangire photos

Ah well I confess I was in training for 6 months before going!
(At my age I wasn't leaving anything to chance).

Yes the weather was very good. On the morning after we got back to Marangu,
it rained for the first time. I suspect this would have made our route
somewhat harder as it was *very* dusty, and so would have been turned to
mud.

I was very impressed with the detail and layout of your report. I don't have
the time unfortunately (or sufficient access to the PC -wife and 2 children
to support ) to do that amount of work. I would recommend your site to
anyone else headnig for 'the big hill' as a very useful source of info.

Also, I had to laugh at your wife's comment "just do it.just leave me out of
it" - almost exactly what my wife said....

Rgds

Charles
--
www.wildviews.com
Natural History Photography

--

"Gard" wrote in message
Hi

Nice pictures :-) I also came back recently from my trip but it seems like
you had a bit better weather than me. On your page you say "An amazing
experience (and a bit of hard work)". Just "a bit of hard work"? I found

it
to be harder than expected but I did reach the top. Well, I have posted my
pictures on www.gardkarlsen.com

Regards
Gard

"Rydale" wrote in message
Hi All

Just back from Kilimanjaro (Rongai Route) and Tarangire Conservation

Area.
Had a brilliant time, and can recommend the Treetops lodge in Tarangire

for
those who like a bit of peace and quiet!

If anyone's interested, I've put up a load of photos at
www.tomalin.org/charles/tanzania

Enjoy

Charles