Old February 25th, 2010, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

Default Carnival Cruise Ship Collides with Dock in St. Kitts

RsH plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said On 1/28/2010 9:55 PM:

Carnival Cruise Ship Collides with Dock in St. Kitts

Late risers on Carnival Miracle may have woken up with a bang this
morning when the ship collided with the dock during berthing maneuvers
at approximately 8:35 a.m. Although no guests or crewmembers were
injured, the ship suffered a 30-square-foot gash in the forward port
side of its hull.

According to a statement from Carnival Cruise Lines, repairs are
already under way. However, as they won't be completed until tomorrow,
the ship must remain in St. Kitts overnight -- it was originally
scheduled to depart at 4 p.m. St. Kitts is the last port of call on
Carnival Miracle's eight-night Caribbean itinerary, and the ship's
arrival back in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday will depend on what time it
is able to depart the island on Friday.

Carnival will offer a full schedule of onboard activities for
passengers this evening. We'll keep you posted on any changes to the
itinerary of the January 31 cruise.

--by Erica Silverstein, Senior Editor

I just knew that Carnival shouldn't have hired the ex-captain of the
Exxon Valdez. ;-)

--
________
Brian M. Kochera